Monday, December 13, 2010

He's here!

Sasha has arrived!

I know you have all been anxiously awaiting and checking my blog every 3.2 seconds for new.  No?

Our first evening has been uneventful so far.
We waited at the airport for about an hour for him to get through customs.

We met him.

We said some things.  He smiled.

He said something.  We smiled.

We left.

We got home, Alex taught him how to use the shower (they don't have regular showers over there.  You don't want to know how they generally bathe) and he showered.

We said a few things via Google Translator.

We asked him if he was hungry.

No.

Thirsty?

No.

Tired?

Yes.

So he's in bed.

At least he's not having a hard time adjusting!

I am sure you were expecting something a little more exciting.  I mean really, traveling halfway across the world and then going to sleep!?  :)  I wish I had more to say, but I'm with Sasha.  I need to go to bed.  I'm exhausted, physically and emotionally, but looking forward to what lies ahead for us starting bright and early tomorrow!

As he has basically no clothes with him and arrived wearing dress shoes, we'll be out shopping tomorrow for some essentials.

I will also try and take a few photos and with update you with the funny comments I anticipate Melody making in regards to Sasha's arrival.

11 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I hope you are able to sleep! I know you've had a lot of emotions and excitement about Sasha's arrival!

And, I'm sure you will have fun shopping tomorrow, too!

Bren said...

Have fun shopping tomorrow! I hope Sasha enjoys his stay here and I think it is such a wonderful experience for your kids (and you too!).

HeatherOz said...

Glad his trip and initial meeting was pretty much uneventful! Praying for smooth sailing for the rest of his visit!

Cayle said...

Glad he is adjusting. [=
Looking forward to meeting Sasha and I will be praying.

Angie said...

So glad he arrived safely...I can't wait to hear about your day today...have fun!

Kelli W said...

So glad he made it safely! I bet your shopping trip is going to be fun!

Kmama said...

That's wonderful that he made it safely. I hope everyone slept well and that today is going smoothly!

Brandi said...

Have fun shopping! I hope he has a blast the next few weeks. :)

Kelli said...

He's probably getting some good sleep, especially after the shower! Enjoy.

Meant to be a mom said...

Wow, I bet its all really overwhelming for him. Especially considering he can't speak English. I can't wait to hear the next update :)

He & Me + 3 said...

Glad he arrived safely. I would guess the little guy would be tired. Can't wait to see pictures & hear the continued story. How fun.