Monday, September 2, 2013

The Last First...

Day of Preschool!

 
Last Tuesday morning, after dropping Jack and Melody off at school, Charlie and I headed out for a special treat...
 
 
What's the occasion?
 
It was his last first-day-of-preschool!
 
 
Charlie is following in his sister and brother's footsteps and is a Zebra this year with our very favorite teachers, Ms. Catherine and Ms. Dale.
 
 
He is super excited!
 
Additionally, since his name begins with a letter near the top of the alphabet, he was also the leader on the third day of school.  The leader is not merely the line leader, but also says the date, holds the flag while the pledge is recited, and does the weather.  The highlight of one's leader day is the toy.  The leader is allowed to bring a toy from home, show it to his/her classmates and then answer three questions about the toy. 
 
You can only image how Charlie felt on Thursday!  
(Ok, he was way more excited than that! I just think this picture is hilarious. He only allows me to take one picture before he gets annoyed and this is his "I'm too cool to have my mom take my picture" look.)
 
Yep! His last year of preschool is off to a great start.

1 comments:

Kat said...

Oh my gosh, that picture is just too cute. And funny! What a little character!

And you just made me realize that Grace just had her last first day of preschool too. :( Aww.