Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Calling all ladies...

There are many things I look forward to at the beginning of each school year, but for the past four years, near the top of my list has been BSF.  BSF is short for Bible Study Fellowship

Let me just go ahead and tell you that BSF rocks.  If you have ever wanted to be in a Bible Study but didn't really know where to start, look no further.  And don't worry if you don't live in Atlanta.  They are international.  You can pretty much find a BSF anywhere.

BSF is a group of women (although now they have men's groups as well) that come together weekly to fellowship together and study a book or section of the Bible in depth.  And when I say in depth, I mean in depth.  Last year, we studied Genesis.  Yes, an entire school year devoted to one single book of the Bible.  See what I mean by in depth?

But before you start to panic, don't.  You don't need to understand Hebrew to study this way.  You don't even have to know anything at all about the Bible.  The leaders are fabulous and well trained and can explain complex ideas in a way that a preschooler can understand.

And speaking of preschoolers, if you have one them you will love BSF even more.  Their children's program is fabulous.  They will hear the Gospel, learn hymns, and experience God's love.

If you are in the Smyrna area, BSF starts on September 11 this year and I would love to see you there. It has been a fabulous place to build friendships and deepen my faith. If you aren't in this area, check out their website to find a class.  Classes generally follow the local school calendars.

3 comments:

Courtney DeFeo at Lil Light O' Mine said...

Emily - you crack me up. Thanks for this description. I have been intimidated by the BSF crowd - thinking I do need some Hebrew in my vocab. Love it.

Kelli said...

I love BSF!! I'm not doing it this year because I have already done Matthew. I've done Moses too, but that was my favorite so I might repeat it. BSF is definitely something to share with others...good for you!

Kat said...

I really need to join a BSF. I think I would really enjoy it and get a lot out of it. :)