Friday, February 8, 2013

Naptime Mischief (updated)

That was the subject of the email I received from Melody's teacher on Tuesday.

And attached was this picture

Why, yes, that is my newly six year old daughter with blue marker all over her face.  AND a big smile.  (If you didn't know she was six now it's probably because I slacked again on a happy birthday post.)

When I picked her up from school, the blue had become more of a blue tint as she had been sent to the bathroom to clean up.  I'm not exactly sure how she got "color on your face" from "you may sit at your desk quietly and read, color, or rest".  Apparently, she thought "color" was subjective.

We get home later that evening and I send her upstairs to take a bath and (hopefully) wash the rest of the blue off.

I walk into the bathroom as she's undressing and see this
Apparently, her artistic vision was not yet completed.  If you look carefully you can see how she entertained herself by playing tic-tac-toe on her shins.

After expressing my surprise and reiterating yet again what markers are purposed for, she continues to undress.  She removes the rest of her clothing and turns around to toss her clothes in the hamper.

There another picture involved however I'm not going to post it.  It would be highly inappropriate to post a picture of my daughter's bottom.  Even it is totally covered in bright blue marker.

That little stinker even managed to sneak the marker into the bathroom to finish off her masterpiece.

You might be wondering what ever happened to the marker?  Yeah, I have no idea and, quite honestly, really don't want to!

*And I stand corrected. Apparently, she managed to do all this damage very quietly in the classroom.  When asked how she managed to color her fanny without getting up, she said she just, "dug in".*

6 comments:

Cyndi said...

Oh.My.Word! This is what I have to look forward to with Madi! Did she make her belly button into a face? You have to give her creativity points! ;)

lsnellings said...

Oh no! that is hilarious!

Kat said...

Hahahaha!!!! That is hilarious!!!!

Foursons said...

Oh how I adore this girl! And I love that the teacher emailed you a picture. Bwhahahaha

Jennie said...

I nearly cried I laughed so hard! You never know where 'artistic vision' will take you :)

Jennie said...

This brought tears of laughter to my eyes! You never know where 'artistic vision' will lead you - you may be in for a merry chase :)