Thursday, February 14, 2013

A little chair re-do

Those who know me IRL, know I am not crafty.  At all. 

I can draw a stick figure and...

Well, I guess that's about it.

But, after seeing my friend, Lindsey, revamp her dinning room chairs, I decided to give it a whirl!

Turns out, I'm craftier than I thought.

First you need to pick fabric.  I let Lindsey do that for me and she picked this fabulous fabric here.

I actually didn't take a before picture, but my old chairs were just plain, boring, off white.

First, I had to cut the fabric.


Next I asked my husband to be in charge of removing and then reattaching the seats from the chair.  Ok, I bribed him.  I got sushi and downloaded Total Recall.  The new one.  Whatever. Was totally worth it to have a helper with this project.


A handy staple gun is all that's needed to secure these over the old fabric. The key here is to pull it really really really tight!  There will probably be some extra fabric, so make sure to cut that off.


Screw them back on the to chair and...all done!


Super easy, only took a few hours and now my dinning room looks much fresher and livelier!

3 comments:

Kat said...

It looks fabulous! Great job! :)

lsnellings said...

Love them! Man, you have been bribing Alex with sushi a lot lately! ;)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I love the red. And it goes with your couch in the next room, too.