Monday, August 1, 2011

Bright and shiney things

Melody loves all bright and shiney things so I knew it was only a matter of time before she would want...her ears pierced!


She has been asking for a few weeks. I was ready for her to do it. Alex wasn't so sure. Melody and I discussed it and determined that ear piercing is really a girls' decision though. So, while at the beach last week, we decided to take advantage of a rainy morning and get pierced!

Melody was so excited but I knew she didn't really understand what piercing meant.



She could tell something was going on.


I think she thought all was well and good when she got a lollipop.

Then she found out what ear piercing really was!

Fortunately they did both ears at the same time.



I really think she thought the pain was worth it when she saw them!


And a kiss makes everything better!


(All photos courtesy of the talented Pam P3 Powell.)

7 comments:

Jen said...

I want to get Claire's ears pierced but she is not game. Maybe in a year or two.

Kmama said...

Aww! She is growing up so fast!! That second to last picture is so precious. Her eyes are amazing.

What a big girl.

Jessica said...

Bless her! I can't wait til that day comes with Averly!

Kelli said...

She's so cute with her earrings!!!

Foursons said...

Awe! Those tears are so sad! She is losing her baby look to quickly, her face has thinned out so much.

Tell her she looks beautiful!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

So very cute! I think we've got like 8 more years here.

Daily Tales of Sugar and Spice said...

that is the sweetest site. brave girl. you can tell her to NOT EVEN THINK about convincing ella. i didn't get mine until college - totally that scared.