Thursday, October 3, 2013

5

A week ago today, one of my very favorite little boys turned 5!

It's hard to believe this was 5 whole years ago. It seems like it was just yesterday! (It's also still hard to believe he was 8lbs 11oz at 37 weeks, but that's another story!)
 
We started the birthday celebration with a special treat at preschool.  He was so excited to wear the birthday crown and listen to Ms Dale tell a special story about him!
 

 
 
 We have been planning his birthday for the past three months...ever since his big brother had a birthday.
I have to admit, I'm actually glad it's finally over. I was getting tired of all the "Mom, for my birthday, can I..." comments!
 
Anyway, he finally decided on a soccer themed party. We made plans and sent out invitations.  And then he promptly changed his mind to a football themed party.
In the end, we stuck with the soccer theme but added some football fun in there too.
We were blessed with a beautiful fall day...perfect for a party at the park!
 
We tossed the football around some.
 
Jack led the kids in some soccer drills.
 
 
We opened presents ("Awesome!  Superhero legos!" was the comment here)
 
 
and had cupcakes.
 
 
What could be a better birthday?! (Here's the whole crew...minus a few little siblings who weren't keen on the idea of a picture.)
 
 
Oh, and we topped it off with dinner at Waffle House. 
Not the place I would have picked, but it wasn't my birthday.
 
After all this excitement, I'm glad we are birthday free until January!

2 comments:

lsnellings said...

Happy Birthday, Charlie! I can't believe it has been five years either!

Kat said...

What a great birthday! Happy birthday to your adorable FIVE year old! :)