Friday, May 31, 2013

And it's FINALLY here...

SUMMER VACATION that is!!

The last few weeks have been pretty crazy around here.

Aside from beginning my own summer semester

We had a preschool party for this guy

It was hard to say goodbye to Mr. Mark and Ms. Erin. Thank goodness we see them at church every Sunday!
 
 A kindergarten graduation for this princess
 
Melody with her adorable bestie, Morgan
 
And an end of the year party for the almost-9-year-old dude
 
Please make sure to notice and judge me for the too short shirt and missing belt. Whatever. I'm making those school clothes fit.  And as for the belt, well, it was lost somtime in mid-March and I have a one belt per year rule.  Doesn't everybody?
 
And field day where Jack and Melody participated in the carinval acitivies and field competitions while Charlie and I ran the sno-cone station.

Ok, I ran the sno-cone station. Charlie just ate the sno-cones and sweet talked his way into line jumping on the inflatable slide. Really, though, does that come as a surprise to anybody?
Yeah, that's a lot.

A lot of FUN!
 
And now we've made our summer lists

 
and already kicked off summer with our annual pizza pool party.  This year, I've got THREE totally independent very-enthusiastic-and-brave-but-one-not-yet-independent swimmers.

My last little fish is almost there.
 

What you didn't see was him loosing his grip on the kickboard, trying desperately to get back on and starting to panic which prompted me to take a flying leap into the pool to pull him back out.

Right at that moment, one of my girlfriends, missing Charlie's mishap but seeing my swimming skills, walked up and said, "Wow, Em, I had no idea you were so eager to start swimming!"
 
Hey, might as well kick off summer with a little excitement!

4 comments:

Foursons said...

Had to chuckle at the eagerness to swim. I have totally been there!

Your kids are adorable and seeing them with their friends makes me smile.

I don't dare have my boys make a list. I'm scared of what they'd put on it!

lsnellings said...

Jack canNOT be turning 9!!!

John is also a brave and enthusiastic but not quite independent swimmer. He doesn't leave the shallow end! But it still makes me nervous!

I hope a trip to Florida is on Melody's summer list!

Kat said...

Nothing makes a mama freak out like having all her babies in a pool at the same time. Good for you for keeping a sharp eye on him when he lost his board. Yikes!

YAY for summer!!!! We still have seven and a half days of school left here. Not that I'm counting. ;)

And NO JUDGEMENT here. All of my kids' clothes have slight rips in the knees and the shoes have holes, but we are ALMOST there. :)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I can't believe how much they've changed since the last time I saw them.

And nothing like a sinking kid to get mom excited about swimming:)