Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Things I want to remember...

One of the reasons why I started this blog is to keep a record of all the things I want to remember about my children's childhoods.

Near the top of that list is all the funny, cute, adorable, hilarous, crazy things they say.

They've had some doozies lately...

Melody: My favorite donut is a chocolate blaze.
Jack: I think it's glaze.
Melody: Nope, it's blaze.

Charlie was helping me clean up the kitchen and I told him "thank you".
He responded: You're welcome. What would you do without me?
Me: Yep, what would I do without you?
Charlie: Probably just sit around and look at things.

Melody: Daddy, how big do you think a baby whale is.
Daddy: I'm not really sure but probably bigger than me.
Melody: Oh definitely.

(Alex enters the room wearing a Home Depot t-shirt)
Charlie: Why are you wearing a Walmart shirt?
Jack (yes, he is the child that keeps up all in line): It's a Home Depot shirt.
Charlie: Oh, why are you wearing a Home Depot shirt?
Daddy: Because I work there.
*silence while Charlie looks confused.*
Mommy: Charlie, did you think daddy worked at Walmart?
Charlie: Yes!

Melody, after falling out of her chair onto the floor: I'm ok! Good think I have my head to land on!

Charlie is currently in speech, and while I'm glad we are getting to the root of his speech problem, I am a little sad to see some of his cute word pronouncations go.

A few of my favorites are:
Mel-wee (for Melody, a slight improvement from his first word for his sister, Bubby, still not as cool as what Lauren's kids call her)
Grace-you (thank you)

And lastly:

Melody: Mom, I just love Jesus sooo much I can hardly stand it!

Charlie: I love Jesus more than anything in the world!

Jack (once again, keeping us in line): Please don't forget to pray for me today.  I think it's very important for us always to pray.


2 comments:

Rachel said...

Adorable things to remember!

I'm still cracking up that you would just sit around and look at things according to Charlie :)

lsnellings said...

Someday my grandkids are going to call Melody "Aunt Medalee."