Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Appearances can be deceiving...

In the past, I've posted many, many, many times about how adorable my little Melody is.

And I've posted a few of those no-so-adorable times.

This is one of those.

When was it? Just a mere month or so ago that this happened?

Today, as she's sitting oh-so-innocently on the couch I notice the hem of her dress looked frayed.  Initially I thought may it had gotten worn, which would have been odd since she only wears it once a week on Chapel days.


So I decided to have a closer look.

Yeah, generally hems don't fray in the shape of a rectangle.
Yes, this marker-loving and, now apparently sissor-loving, child. Cut. Her. Dress.

 
Seriously.  What am I going to do with her!?

5 comments:

lsnellings said...

You probably don't snuggle her enough.

Or talk about ponies and your feelings enough.

So she has resorted to cutting. ;)

Rachel said...

Cracking up at Lauren's comment, ha!

I must admit... she did a really impressive job to my OCD eyes... she was pretty consistent with the shape and size and was only a teensy bit off on the spacing versus the plaid pattern. She rocks.

I mean... if she'd done that on scrapbook paper :)

Kmama said...

That's only funny because Jack, who is 8 years old, did the same thing. He decided he didn't like his shirt so he CUT it. Nevermind that we hand all of his stuff down to Nick. I was SO MAD.

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha!!! My kids probably would've gotten away with it for awhile because it takes me a minute to notice things like that. Took me a year to notice their artwork on my wall when we first moved in our home a few years ago.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Praise her for her awesome cutting skills? And then request those skills are only practiced on paper?

The girls cut the hair off of half of their ponies and princesses because it was "bothering them"...ugh.