Monday, September 5, 2011

Goodbye


This is one of my favorite pictures from our last beach trip.

I just love the way my children are holding hands.

I love the way that they are gazing out ove the ocean.

I love all the hair in Melody's ponytail.

I was thinking about this picture today.  Mainly because, for me, Labor Day is sort of the day I feel we all say goodbye to summer.  I'm excited about the new school year the four (yes, I said four! I'm finally back in school!) of us are embarking on.  I'm excited about activities and events that are already cluttering our calendar this fall. But I love summer.  I love the lazy days.  I love the freedom.  I even love the heat.  I love the heat a lot.  And I will miss summmer.  This was a special summer for my children and I.  And think of this summer fondly.


This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it!
Psalm 118:24 (NKJV)

6 comments:

Jen said...

That is a gorgeous picture of your babies.

Totally deserves a frame in my book.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Love the picture.

But, I have to admit, I'm over the heat!

Foursons said...

All that hair in her ponytail is GORGEOUS! (I totally chuckled over that sentence.)

Congrats for going back to school- how exciting for you!

Kelli said...

That is a gorgeous picture...you must frame it! I love her ponytail too...combined with the cute holder :)

Kat said...

I'm always so sad to say goodbye to summer. Luckily, I love fall so that makes it manageable. But still, nothing beats a good summer. :)
Beautiful pic!

Emmy said...

Love love that picture! The colors just pop! And yes, summer definitely feels officially over now...well except for the darn heat.