Thursday, September 30, 2010

PSF and How to Catch Ants

One of the things I love about my six year old (and six year olds in general) is the big ideas they come up with.

Jack came home very excited from school one day last week. He and a friend had hatched a genius plan to catch ants.

In preparation of this venture, they wrote step by step instructions, complete with illustrations, in this handy notebook.

I am now passing this knowledge on to you.

You're welcome.




1. Drag your foot across the ground.

2. An ant will walk out.

3. Drop rock on ant.

4. Dig a deep hole.

5. Ant will fall in the hole.

6. Ant trap.

See, simple. Yep, it's nice having a genius as my son.

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli

17 comments:

Kmama said...

Aw, he is so cute. And so brilliant!

Bren said...

I LOVE that they planned out their approach - AND had illustrations! Too much!

Unknown said...

Haha! That is awesome!! :)

Liz Mays said...

Simple, yet soooo smart! :) Love this!

Chris said...

This is what boys do. We plan things. The truth is, it's often much more fun to plan an adventure, than to go on it.

I'll have to try this one out...

Carrie said...

LOL! And they ended it with close the door! Brilliant! ;) Too cute!

scrappysue said...

that is absolutely adorable. i'm so glad i kept stuff like this from when my girls were younger

Kat said...

The fact that they WANT to trap the ant is what cracks me up. ;)

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Awesome! I love 6 yr olds too.... they crack me up!! He write pretty good.... love the imagination!

Leslie said...

LOL! That is pure brilliance!

Emmy said...

Lol! I love that they wrote it out

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

That's totally how I would do it, too!

Kelli W said...

That is too cute! The poor ant though...drop a rock on it:) Hilarious!

Meant to be a mom said...

He is a genius. What a random thing to think. How funny :)

Rachel said...

He totally cracks me up - what a great instructional manual!

HeatherOz said...

Hee hee! That is so funny! Did they test out these instructions? If so, how did it go?

He & Me + 3 said...

OMgosh. That is HILARIOUS!