This week Cecily has teamed up with Lolli at Better in Bulk and together they have brought Photo Story Friday to a new dimension.
I know there's actually nothing amazing about this picture.
I'm just really not that great a photographer.
(Although I would be if I had a better camera and learned how to do things with it that include using vocabulary words such as lens, shutter, and apertures.)
I took this picture in September 2008. It was the first Auburn game of the
However, we are on week two of a new season with a new coach and Auburn is undefeated (yes, I am aware we've only played one game, but undefeated is undefeated) so I just had to post a football related photo!
I did actually edit this picture a little bit using all the
For me, it's the emotion and sentiment that I love about this image.
Auburn football and tailgating during football season is one of the first traditions Alex and I began as a couple after we were married. Alex is fortunate enough to go to the majority of home games and the kids and I tailgate frequently and attend at least one and sometimes two games each year.
When I look at this picture:
- I think about how much Jack loves to wear his football gear.
- I think about walking to the stadium singing our fight song and cheers and how, for most of the season, it's usually hotter than hell, but we don't care and we're just having a blast.
- I think about how Melody is getting older and more into it as well. She loves wearing her cheerleader outfit and chants right along with us. Charlie's clapping along too and it won't be long before Alex is teaching him how to catch a football.
- I think about how much we love our university and how we spend a lot of the tailgating time just talking about college experiences and telling and re-telling stories.
- I think about how much I love to go back to Auburn every year where each fall we meet up with old friends who we haven't seen since the previous fall.
- And despite the fact that I do not like to think of my kids growing up in any fashion, I think about how much Alex and I want them to go to Auburn too so we can keep this tradition going!
Unfortunately, I'll miss the game.
Fortunately, I'll be in Cancun on a romantic vacation with my husband and probably won't be thinking about football. Hopefully he won't be thinking about football either.