Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter from the Powells!
  
We celebrated Easter a lot this week. 
 
I visited Melody's class and made ressurection rolls and stain glass crosses. 
 
I intended on taking pictures but, as it turns out, 14 excited kindergarteners is a lot of comotion and choas and it was all I could do to get the rolls and crosses made. Forget about walking around with a camera!
 
I also visited Jack's class and made ressurection rolls and read this book.  If you haven't read it, I thoroughly recommend it.
I intended on taking pictures there too.  Surprisingly, 3rd graders also create a lot of comotion.
 
We participated in our church's annual Easter egg hunt.
 
I know what you're thinking.  But no, the hunt was not at Prince Charming's castle.  Just at a park for us commoners.   
 
 
I love this picture.  Charlie and his friends.  The girls are in their beautiful fancy dresses complete with their babs. And there's Charlie.  In his soccer uniform.  Unlike Melody, he would qualify as a commoner.
 
 
 
We made bunny cupcakes for some neighbors and friends.  And kept a few for ourselves as well.
 

 Melody has some mad cupcake decorating skills.  She decorated these bunnies all by herself! 
 
 
We painted and dyed eggs.
 
 
We made more ressurection rolls.  And this time I did get a picture!
 
 
We got Easter baskets
 
We went to church and then out to brunch with friends.
 
We stopped and smelled the flowers.
 
 
 
And we attempted a few family pictures. (In case you are wondering, Melody is "posing", Charlie is being a bunny, and Jack wanted to make sure I was able to get the flowers in the picture.)
 
 
With this crew, it's easy to get some goofy ones.  The goofiness is apparently inherited from someone...
 
 
And we tried for some sweet ones too.  Of course, Charlie just prefers to be goofy. 
 
 
 
 
 Alleiuia! He is risen!


3 comments:

lsnellings said...

That picture of Jack's head floating behind the planter is freaking me out! Other than that, it looks like yall had a fabulous Easter holiday!

Kmama said...

Looks like a great Easter! I love the goofy shots.

Kat said...

Wow. What a beautiful family! You are gorgeous!