Friday, October 21, 2011

Cold and Cookies

Anyone who knows me knows that I do not like cold weather.

At all.

When it gets cold I'm unmotivated to do anything other than bake cookies and eat them.

So, since we had our first real cold snap this week, that's exactly what my little baking beauty and I did!


Yummy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies!



I included the recipe for any other cold weather bakers out there.

No, even with the pumpkin, they are not good for you.

But they are so yummy it's worth it!


1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup pumpkin
1 whole egg and 1 egg white
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups cholocate chips
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
powdered sugar

Sift sugar, four, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in a medium mixing bowl.
Combine shortening, pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla in a smaller mixing bowl and then add them to the dry ingredients.
Blend well.
Add chocolate chips.
Blend well.

Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes. 

Lightly dust with powdered sugar if desired.

Be careful not to overbake.  The cookies will be moist and cake-like.

Give me your best shot at Better in BulkPhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli

6 comments:

Kat said...

It has been SO CRAZY LONG since I baked any cookies. It's odd. I used to bake cookies every week and now I wonder how I had time to do that. I love baking.

Those cookies sound delicious! I'll have to try them. Someday. ;)

Your helper is just too cute!

Kelli said...

Those cookies sound like a great relief for the cold :)

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree with you more! I'm a transplant to PA from S. Florida. I hate the cold and want to either fly south or hibernate for the winter!

Foursons said...

Melody has gotten so big! She has lost all her baby look. :(

Holly said...

Yum! Good for you. I mean, not the cookies, but the baking and the eating. ;) Your little girl is so adorable and looks so much like you.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I haven't made these yet this year, but I did make pumpkin chocolate muffins (which are surprisingly similar!) But, now I need these. Wonder if my little helpers would be as interested as yours is?