Monday, June 6, 2011

I've been hacked!

Or perhaps a more accurate title is: My boys have been hacked!

Or maybe just: My baby boy was hacked!

For the past couple of summers, I've given Jack a short hair cut just to help combat the little boy stink unique scent that tends to accompany boys.  This summer, I was planning on letting it grow longer but he asked to have it short.  So, following his birthday dinner at Orient Express and then dessert at Yoforia, we all went out on the deck to watch the transformation.

He went from this

to this

I, personally, think he looks cute with a buzz cut and he loved it.

Then, completely against my will, my husband decided to hack of my sweet Charlie's beautiful baby locks.  Ok, I might have consented in one brief moment of insanity that I will regret forever.

I admit, he was getting a little shaggy looking.


 And don't even get me started on the sweaty mop that was his head when he would come inside from playing.

But I just wasn't ready for my little baby boy to go from this


to this!



Sigh.  At least they are both happy.


even though I feel like this.

(Alex took this right after the first few locks were shorn, which is why his head still looks funny.)



”Mommy
Hosted by Krystyn at Really, Are You Serious?

8 comments:

Marana said...

the boys look good in their new hair style..visiting for MMM..here is my entry My Kids:Then and Now

lsnellings said...

They look so cute! Better remember the sunscreen on those blonde heads, though!

Jessica said...

They both look so old!

PS. Why have I not been getting your post updates?! I have been missing out on so much!

Kat said...

Awww. That first haircut and cutting off the locks is so emotional for me. It always makes me sad to see them growing up so quickly. But he looks so cute! They both do. I love summer cuts. I just gave my boys their summer cuts last week. :)

Tina said...

I feel your pain. We are very particular about hair cuts in our home. The upside is that they BOTH look crazy adorable! And they will be cool & low maintenance for a while.

Twisted Cinderella said...

Well at least the both look adorable!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Awww...they look so handsome.

And, now I see where Melody gets that pouty lip!

Laura Farrell said...

They look so cute!!! I have still have trouble cutting Jackson's hair (even though Jono insists we need to do it more often). Your boys look adorable :)