Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The post where I brag on my husband

I need to spend a little time doing something I don't do enough of; bragging on my husband.

Plus, he's been waiting for me to post about this.

In the past, we've never really celebrated Valentine's Day.  We usually get a little treat for the kids and that's about it.  It's a cheesy, commercialized holiday and seems just unnecessary.

Sorry, ladies. Please don't throw things.

However, as I was spending some time reflecting on things I dislike about winter (it's freakin' freezing, it's long, it's boring, etc) I realized that a celebration is just what I needed to get me out of this funk.

So, I called up my hubs, told him about this revelation and pretty much ended the conversation with, "I know you are just going to knock my socks off with what you plan for us!"

And boy did he come through!!

He booked us a couples massage
(Not us...just some randoms that showed up on Google images.)

and got me an ipad!!

And it totally worked! I was able to break out of my mid-winter funk.  Although the fact that the next week, the temps rose to the mid 60s and have (mostly) stayed there may have had something to do with it too.

Valentine's Day may be my new favorite holiday.  I can't wait to see what he comes up with for next year.  (hint, hint, Honey.)

18 comments:

woman who roars said...

Ok - he gets MAJOR points! Way to to A!

Laura Farrell said...

Wow!! What a great hubby :)

Erin said...

he is in for trouble.. now every year you will want something bigger and better! What an awesome valentines! :)

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Wow. He set the bar pretty high for himself out of the gate! What a wonderful, thoughtful hubby!

Kelli W said...

Yay for great Valentine day gifts! That ipad is much better than a box of chocolates:)

Jessica said...

Definitely puts a box of chocolates to shame!

Kat said...

Wow! What a man, what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man!
He did a great job! Yay for smart and lovin' hubbies! :)

Foursons said...

He did great!

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Haha! Sounds like a fabulous Hubby! I got an iPad for my birthday and love, love it! :)

Angie said...

Wow...that is awesome! A couples massage would be so fun, and the iPad...sweetness!!

SouthernDogwoods said...

Awesome! Great gifts. (We do not do anything for Valentine's either)

Kelli said...

Score! Valentine's Day is my favorite day :) Just think what next year will be like. I'm so ready for Spring too!

Kmama said...

That is awesome!!

We did a couples massage when we were in Cancun and hubby is buying me the iPad 2 tomorrow as a late b-day present.

Gotta love our hubbies, eh?

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

How's he going to top that?

Holly said...

Wow, how awesome! I agree, that will be tough to top next year.

Meant to be a mom said...

Great job to your hubby. He needs to sneak a message over to my husband so he knows what to do next year:)

Carrie said...

This has been the longest winter ever! What an awesome treat! Dan surprised me with a massage on our tenth anniversary, and it was so nice! Way to go hubs...it's gonna be hard to beat next year..except maybe with an ipad 10...at the rate they come out with electronics, haha! ;-)

Happy belated Valentine's Day!

Lyryn said...

What a great hubby!!