Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Sunday, August 25, 2013
ago, I said "I do" to this wonderful man.
That was such an amazing, special day and it's only gotten better.
In honor of our twelfth anniversary
In no particular order...
1. He makes me laugh. Usually with sarcasm. (Don't roll your eyes, you know sarcasm is funny too!)
2. He puts up with my annoying habits. *I'm not admitting to any annoying habits here, but if I had some, I'm pretty sure he would tolerate them graciously.
3. He loves action packed superhero moves too. But, he will watch the sappy movies with me when I ask him (yes, that means he has seen Twilight).
4. He tells me I'm beautiful all the time. Even when I know that there's no way I'm looking good at the moment.
5. He's an Auburn fan.
6. He's gorgeous. I would put a picture of him here shirtless, laying out on the beach, but I don't want all y'all to get too jealous.
7. He loves God, his family, and his friends. And in that order.
8. He honest. Sometimes too honest. Whatever he says and what ever he does, I can count on him to do it with integrity.
9. When he takes me out on a date, he always treats me as though I'm the girl he's been dying to go out with and is so happy to finally be out with me.
10. He's a hard worker. Sometimes I complain that he works too hard but, in actuality, he's very committed to doing the best he can, he has a strong work ethic, and goes above and beyond always.
11. He's always calm, cool, and collected. There are moments I wish he would just panic right along with me, but when it comes down to it, I know that I can always count on him to be the rational one.
12. He works hard at our marriage. I have to admit, he works harder than me. He is almost always the better person and in that way, encourages me to be a better person. I know he will always strive to put our marriage first and that his commitment to me and our relationship is unwavering.
Happy anniversary, babe! The past 12 years have been wonderful and, from what I hear, the best is still yet to come!
Friday, August 23, 2013
Wednesday, August 21, 2013
Starting another school year!
Although we started this race last week. I'm just behind. I know, I know. Although if you read my post here, you'll know that timeliness is not really a priority for me anymore.
As if it ever was.
This year, Jack is in 4th grade. He was very excited to get Mrs. Campbell as his teacher. Aside from just being a wonderful teacher who truly loves her students, she also has a no homework policy. Yes, this is one thrilled 4th grader and one thrilled Mommy.
And, last but not least, this cutie gets to hang with me for another few weeks. Pre-K starts next Tuesday. He's very excited about being a Zebra with the teachers we love love love, Ms Dale and Ms. Catherine. I'm pretty sure I'm going to cry on my last baby's last first day of preschool. But until then, Charlie and I will be packing in the fun these last few days of summer break!
Monday, August 19, 2013
I have not abandoned my blog again! I have a list of stuff to post and will be doing that this week. In the meantime, I'm blogging over here today. Go check it out...
Tuesday, August 6, 2013
There are many things I look forward to at the beginning of each school year, but for the past four years, near the top of my list has been BSF. BSF is short for Bible Study Fellowship.
Let me just go ahead and tell you that BSF rocks. If you have ever wanted to be in a Bible Study but didn't really know where to start, look no further. And don't worry if you don't live in Atlanta. They are international. You can pretty much find a BSF anywhere.
BSF is a group of women (although now they have men's groups as well) that come together weekly to fellowship together and study a book or section of the Bible in depth. And when I say in depth, I mean in depth. Last year, we studied Genesis. Yes, an entire school year devoted to one single book of the Bible. See what I mean by in depth?
But before you start to panic, don't. You don't need to understand Hebrew to study this way. You don't even have to know anything at all about the Bible. The leaders are fabulous and well trained and can explain complex ideas in a way that a preschooler can understand.
And speaking of preschoolers, if you have one them you will love BSF even more. Their children's program is fabulous. They will hear the Gospel, learn hymns, and experience God's love.
If you are in the Smyrna area, BSF starts on September 11 this year and I would love to see you there. It has been a fabulous place to build friendships and deepen my faith. If you aren't in this area, check out their website to find a class. Classes generally follow the local school calendars.